Thursday, January 6, 2011

4/365

I listened to a podcast from the SF Zen Center, today. It was by my favorite lecturer, Christina Lehrner. She was asking the kids in the audience to remember what it felt like, physically, to be happy or sad or angry. I listened while I was cooking dinner and the whole time I was feeling all of these different things. It was all very absorbing and I didn't realize that Declan was listening, too. He came to be with me and started talking about what he was hearing and about what love feels like to him- warm and snuggly. He stayed to make the lasagna with me.

Christina asked her listeners to start the day with a positive thought and to end it with a loving, reflective one. I will end mine with thoughts of lovely, 5 year old snuggly hugs over lasagna. It does not get better than that!