Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back To Basics


Well, now that I have properly compartmentalized my blogging life, it is time to get back to the business of the soul (although I think it is all the same). Here we go!

Things have been crazy, lately! Since being layed off, my life has become very, very busy. As it turns out, having time to find yourself can be terribly tiring. I shouldn't be surprised that things like meditation get shoved to the back burner, and they do. Daily.

Meditation has been problematic for me. Early on I learned that I can do myself a lot of damage by just jumping in and hoping for the best. While I can not say I have made it a priority, I have looked for a teacher to guide me through the perils of unfocused meditation, but none have clicked (except for one or two who are way too far away to be anything other than a loose guide). This, more than anything, is what holds me back from getting back on the cushion and digging in, 'cause I do not need to go back down that dark path again!

Until I can find someone to rope me in, I will have to get back to the labyrinth. I have not been in months and it is calling. It would be a lie to not admit that I decide this with a bit of trepidation. What will this bring up? What will I find lurking in my mind waiting to trip me up?

When did I become this pessimistic?

2 comments:

Smilin-buddha said...

I always wanted to try it. My monkey mind makes sitting almost impossible

Adrienne Johnson said...

I say give it a try! You can find one here. I know that for me, I need to move when I meditate. I used to think it was because I lack focus, but I am beginning to think that I am not able to separate my mind from my body. Instead of left brain/ right brain, for me it is left foot/ right foot : )